- 美 [səˈrendər]
- 1.to say officially that you have been defeated and will stop fighting; to give control over a place or person to someone who has defeated you
- 2.to give something to someone in authority because you have to; to give a document to someone in authority who does not give it back to you
- 3.to allow yourself to show your feelings and to do what you really want to do
- 1.the act of saying officially that you have been defeated and will stop fighting; the act of giving up something to someone who has defeated you
- 2.the act of allowing your feelings or another person to control you
- 3.the act of giving up something because someone in authority says you have to
- 1.投降TOEIC词汇汇总 ... stroll 散步；闲逛 17. surrender （向敌人）投降；放弃 18. time-out 暂停 19. ...2.放弃普通英汉小词典_翻译家(Fanyijia.com) ... surprisingly 令人惊异的 surrender 放弃;投降 surround 围住 ...3.交出《Friends》词汇表B ... solving solvingvbl. 解决 surrender vt. 交出, 放弃, 使投降, 听任 camps n. 露营地, 阵营 ...4.屈服雅思英语完整版_馆档网 ... surpass 超过，超越，胜过 surrender 投降，自首；放弃；屈服 survival 幸存者，残存；幸存 ...5.臣服臣服(SURRENDER)，是我走在这条灵性路上最常遇到的一个字。意思是面对任何事时，可以全然的面对然后接受，再把自己献 …6.自首法律词汇_翻译家(Fanyijia.com) ... 自然人 natural person 自首 surrender 自首 voluntarily surrender ...7.降服英语构词法记忆单词研究 ... surprise 使惊奇,使吃惊 surrender 投降,降服 surreptitious 秘密,偷盗的 ...8.使投降《Friends》词汇表B ... solving solvingvbl. 解决 surrender vt. 交出, 放弃, 使投降, 听任 camps n. 露营地, 阵营 ...
Your flitting love lightly brushed with its wings my sun flower and never asked if it was ready to surrender its honey.
William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army, said, "The greatness of a man's power is in the measure of his surrender. "
In the face of the disastrous military battle, they conceded that victory was no longer attainable, and agreed to a negotiated surrender.
If the enemy knew how much trouble I caused in the heavenly palace, they'd surrender right now. But that would spoil the fun!
Police negotiated with the suspect, trying to get him to surrender, but eventually, police officers had to enter the room.
He said he knows al-Saadi's whereabouts, but prefers to negotiate a surrender.
But when he turns up one night asking her to help him find his missing cousin, she's ready to surrender to sweet sensual satisfaction. . .
The enemy surrounded the town trying to force them to surrender .
US president Herry Truman said he made the decision that drop the atomic bomb to bring a quick end of the war, hoping Japan would surrender.
He said he was willing to surrender the town.
The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
He did not put forward his own solutions toward the unconditional surrender of fascist state.
They, like rows of soldiers, like a strong and unyielding, unwilling to yield to the enemy to surrender.
Witnesses at the time said he killed himself rather than surrender using a rifle given to him by his friend, the Cuban leader Fidel Castro.
within 72 hours after their surrender, they were killed in groups by machine gun fire along the bank of the Yangtze River.
Unable to fight on or to escape, the enemy were forced to surrender .
Loyalists in Sirte, the last big city in his hands, were given an ultimatum to surrender by September 3rd or face an all-out assault.
It was uncertain right up to our surrender whether the bizarre alliance of our foes would not fall apart.
But what we remember is past, it no longer exists, and yet still we hold on to it, live by it, surrender so much control to it.
Not much later, though, starvation caused Crazy Horse to surrender to US troops. He was killed while trying to escape.