- 美 [saʊr]
- 1.with a taste like a lemon; with an unpleasant taste or smell, especially because of no longer being fresh
- 2.unpleasant, unfriendly, or in a bad mood
- 1.if a relationship or situation sours, or if something sours it, it stops being successful or satisfactory
- 2.if something such as milk sours, or if something sours it, it gets an unpleasant taste or smell because it is no longer fresh
- 1.酸的2012雅思词汇大全_百度文库 ... sweet 甜的 sour 酸的 bitter 苦的 ...2.发酸此处所指的酸辛与苦味或发酸（sour）不同，也无关酸碱值，而是促使咖啡发挥提振心神、与涤清味觉等功能的一 种清新、活 …3.酸味鸡尾酒鸡尾酒_互动百科 ... 宾治 Punch 酸味鸡尾酒 Sour 果汁水酒 Collins ...4.酸味的九年级英语单词表 ... salty 咸的；含盐的 sour 酸的；酸味的 by mistake 错误的 ...5.发酸的英语单词的奥秘 - luozhong10的日志 - 网易博客 ... seed（ 种子）； sour（ 酸的，发酸的）； sewage（ 污水，污物）； ...6.酸腐的考博英... ... sore a. 疼痛的；疼痛发炎的 n.痛处；疮口 sour a. 酸的；酸腐的；脾气坏的;乏味的 v．变 souvenir n. 纪念品；纪念 …
No point getting a gallon of milk if it is going to turn sour with a couple of days.
Investors also worry that Chinese bank lending to local governments for stimulus programs could sour into bad loans in a year or two.
When she said the performance was terrible , it was only sour grapes because she auditioned for the show but wasn't accepted.
It ordered banks to set aside provisions equivalent to at least 130% of loans that are likely to turn sour.
He said claims that their friendship turned sour over the battle for the top post were groundless.
He said he didn't want to just because nobody asked him to, can't you see it is sour grapes?
Others sit for hours on the phone or online trying to contact manufacturers of appliances that have gone sour.
One of the simplest and quickest ways to turn a negative and sour mood into a more positive one is to be grateful.
Shanxi cuisine is often sour and spicy, with strong garlic and coriander flavors.
James says he would hate to have my new job, but he applied for it himself unsuccessfully, so it's probably just sour grapes on him part.
Too often lately, America seems to fall into this sour, defeatist attitude: Nothing can be improved, any change will be for the worse.
Did you know? Traditionally buttermilk was the sour liquid left after churning butter. Today it's made by adding bacteria to regular milk.
That putting a bit of sugar seems to be a deliberate act, however, such approach balances the taste: bitter and sour.
Let's not invite Dick to the dance - he is such a wet blanket with that sour look on his face and his boring talk.
Ramsay would flay them all when he learned his bride was gone, and what he would do to Grunt and Sour Alyn did not bear thinking about.
He sensed something cool but determined in the ship's slightly sour air, a single- mindedness at work he had not experienced since Tiresia.
Don't think that makes it okay to pig-out on fast-food fries, or bury your baked potato under butter and sour cream! You know better.
Like Ireland it had a runaway real-estate boom that has left its banking system with a pile of sour property loans.
Back in the days when banks made loans, and then kept these on their books, it was easy to tell who held losses when credits turned sour.
But with much of it incurred with little regard for how it would be repaid, a sizable chunk is expected to turn sour.