- 美 [blʌf]
- 1.someone who is bluff has a very direct manner that might offend some people, but is friendly and happy and does not intend to upset anyone; used about the behavior of such a person
- 1.an attempt to give a false idea to someone about what you intend to do, or about the facts of a situation, especially in order to gain an advantage
- 2.a steep cliff by the ocean or by a riverThis word is often used in the names of places.
- 1.to deliberately give a false idea to someone about what you intend to do, or about the facts of a situation, especially in order to gain an advantage
- 1.布拉夫大连到布拉夫(BLUFF)海运费运价 连到布拉夫(BLUFF)海运费运价 全国最低价，航程短，运费低.. 电话：13889155558锦程物流 …2.虚张声势虚张声势（Bluff）就是您手上的牌很烂，但为了让别人诈唬别人使其相信自己有一手好牌，而主动下注或者加注，从而使他们相 …3.吓唬自考英语综合英语课文（1） ... deadly adj. 致命的 bluff v. 虚张声势，吓唬（人） growl v. 咆哮，发火 ...4.悬崖... way here． 我来这里的路上 bluff )悬崖 fullness )充满，完全，充分，全部 ...5.断崖《Friends》词汇表B ... arrest vt. 逮捕, 拘留, 吸引n.逮捕, 拘留 bluff n. 断崖, 绝壁, 诈骗 vt.vi 诈骗 ...6.诈唬诈的意思,诈怎么读_在线字典 ... 不诚实;虚伪〖 false;sham〗 诈唬〖 bluff;bluster〗 诈冒〖 falselyclaimasone'sown〗 ...7.欺骗心理学专业词汇英语翻译(A-B) - 生命经纬 ... blue murder 恐怖的喊声 bluff 欺骗 blunder 犯错误 ...8.绝壁《Friends》词汇表B ... arrest vt. 逮捕, 拘留, 吸引n.逮捕, 拘留 bluff n. 断崖, 绝壁, 诈骗 vt.vi 诈骗 ...
The company's threat to sack anyone who went on strike was just (a) bluff. 6. You two are a perfect match.
My paper, "Bluff your way into a new job, " is all about stretch growth.
She called his bluff. 'That's fine with me, ' she said in a calm, controlled voice.
For all the bluster, one can't help feeling the tough EU stance is a bit of a bluff.
When at last he stood upon the bluff, he turned to his little sister and looked upon her sorrowfully.
Please remember how much they got by brass and bluff at the time of the French collapse.
He has to call his bluff in court and tell everyone what he knows about the matter.
On the other hand, she says she was prepared to die and wasn't trying to call her husband's bluff.
" It'd be better all round if you get on with you work, " he said, the honest, bluff John Bull.
When at last he stood upon the bluff, he turned to his little sister and looked upon her sorrow fully.
The boss threatened to dismiss him from his job, but it is all a bluff.
his way through any difficulty. . It is not easy to climb a bluff mountain. He has a bluff way of speaking, but a kind heart.
It seems to me that he can't bluff it out any longer because the authoritieshave started to look into the matter.
A bluff, perhaps. But it has raised fears of an impending strike and of a clash of something more serious than words.
Google: China was prepared to call Google's bluff when the US company threatened to withdraw from the country.
I though it was just a bluff to get me to stay home from school.
The company's threat to sack anyone who went on strike was just (a) bluff.
Kim Jong-il has now decided to call Seoul's bluff in an extremely risky attack that is in effect an act of war.
I'm home now. The weather has turned. The wind is howling through the fir trees on the edge of my bluff.
Finally, at the crest of a wooded bluff overlooking the Missouri River, Anderson pulled over and yanked Laura out of the truck.